Wednesday, May 23, 2007

If you build it...

they might come. Then again, they might *not* come. I'm not certain if it's the way I put the whole ISM together, if it's the way it relies on people being comfortable experimenting, or if I just need to tear the whole thing down and start again (AGAIN). Whatever the reason, the ISM is not what I would call an unqualified success. In fact, it's not what I would call a success at all. A disaster? Maybe.

I really need feedback from all levels of users. So far I've had a meager handful complete the thing, and only a couple of them "got" the Reflections thing. How can I restructure this vital part of the ISM?

Just like our students, if we don't reflect on what we've learned, it becomes something dead in the back of our minds. We *are* learners! Now I just need to discover the right mode for helping myself and others learn to use these new tools.

Back to the drawing board? You tell me. I'm going to get another cup of coffee and then head for school. Perhaps this afternoon I'll have people take me up on my invitation to start the ISM from school. That should give me a chance to discover first hand what is so off-putting about the whole thing.

Talley Ho!

No comments: