Thursday, April 12, 2007

Will It Work?

The Internet Study Module (ISM) that has consumed so much of my life the last few weeks has finally been posted to the school website. I sent advance copies (doesn't that sound grand?) to the district admin, hoping it will be what they are looking for, but I'll confess to being very nervous.

Not nervous about the admin. If they don't care for what they find, we'll pull it and start over (or replace the new with the previous learning module). What I'm nervous about is the reactions of my fellow teachers. Have I pushed too hard? Am I asking them to take too big a leap? Is this just going to frustrate people who are working as hard as they can to prepare the young minds that are entrusted to us?

Then I read David Warlick's post, "Caught Whining..." and breathed a sigh of (almost) relief.
I do not believe that most teachers are too far behind to start learning new tools. They’re smart, resourceful, dedicated, and they are professional learners.That's the community in which I work...a family of professional learners.
Am I pushing too hard, too fast? Perhaps. But I'll find out shortly, once word spreads that the module is out there, ready to be worked on.

No comments: