Sunday, April 8, 2007

Highs and Lows of Tech

Having recovered from my elation about being able to blog from my cell phone, I asked DH to work through the ISM again.

We are all so accustomed to learning being packaged, either in a text book or in a handout, that shifting to reading/writing directly on a web page can be a little confusing. A "little"??? More like a LOT.

I use the Internet much like nlowell. It is something that I use constantly, in a myriad of ways. Getting ready for a family trip to Mexico, my son was startled to discover that I had gotten a much better exchange rate on dollars to pesos than he had, simply by going through my bank's online service. He had made many phone calls, driven quite a distance, I had spent fifteen minutes online and beaten his results. My response? "If I can't do it online, I probably won't do it.

On my way to finding nlowell's statement, I ran across this timely posting by Teacher K. Is screen-casting the answer?

Those of you who are working your way through the ISM module need to help me on this one. Is it pushing you too far out of your Zone of Proximal Development to have the entire module as only online? Would you, the consumers of the product, prefer to have a physical handout to work with? I'm so accustomed to doing everything on the computer, including taking notes and adding comments to documents, that I may be pushing too much of my own learning style on you.

Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments: