Saturday, March 31, 2007

Surveying My Options

SurveyMonkey has a great free service. I was able to set up an assessment survey without any trouble, until.... Would you believe I got stumped by the final step? I couldn't figure out how to find the correct URL to post for participants to take the survey. Fortunately, it seems I'm not the only one who had problems; they have the answer in the first page of the Support FAQs. Great tool, with only one small unintuitive step.

As teachers we frequently pretest our students before we start a new unit. This online tool allowed me to create a ten question survey in about 15 minutes. I'll be able to retrieve the anonymous responses online, view the responses in aggregate, and then look at the individual responses. Why not try it for one of your next pretests?

No comments: